Meeting:Committee (2014-12-13)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Sunday 13 December 2014, 16:00 AEDST
  • Start: 16:12 AEDST; 13:12 AWST (West Coast)

Attendance

  • Attendance: Michael(chairing), Gideon, Kerry, Craig (dropped out 4:36pm), Andrew, Charles, Pru (joined 4.50pm)
  • Apologies: Steven
  • Absences

Minutes

Motion
The minutes of the planning meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Michael
  • Second: Gideon
  • Abstain: Craig (not present at meeting)
  • Carried without dissent.
Motion
The minutes of the 9 November meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Michael
  • Second: Craig
  • Carried without dissent.

Actions items from last meeting

  • Calendar invite from Michael: Sent out. Will do a reminder next time.
  • Conference planning from Kerry: SLQ meeting. Promising as posisble meeting venue, see email for details. Meeting next Wednesday that Craig and Kerry will be going to.
  • Charles re: doodle canvassing meeting timing
In progress, waiting for more responses
  • Merchandise w/ Charles: FInding order-on-demand supplier. Cafepress redbubble etc, licensing issues mean we can't sell them for now. Prices are currently much higher than a bulk run. Finding cheaper prices from the suppliers. Expect email on list.
  • Pru sample contract for comment, ongoing.
  • Kerry has asked for the Federal department of environment heritage database to be released. Timeframe not clear but indicated likely to hear something in the New Year (2015)

Reports

Finance report

  • See attached cash summary up to 30 Nov 2014. Current balance is $69,779:
    • Note increase in donation activity, probably because of the extra attention coming from the fundraiser. One $300 donation was recorded in November.
    • Although one membership application was received in November (Mai Tran), it has not been paid yet.
  • So far for December:
    • Another $350 in donations has already come in, with $100 coming from WAMUG, where Gideon spoke, and the other $250 coming from three other donors.
    • One member has joined, Michal Lewi.
  • BAS up to September 30 has been lodged with the ATO, with a $230 refund expected. The sheet for this is also attached. Our next BAS (Up to Dec 31) is not due until March.
  • Bank move update: Action: Another piece of paperwork is needed for the bank account, with Steve & Mike's signatures only.
  • All approved expense claims have been sent through to Craig & Graham for processing. Some expense claims have not yet been approved: this is either because they are from me (Steve can you take a look at these?), because some receipts are needed, or because they were added in the past 2 minutes!

Membership report

46 members in total -- + 1 new

Correspondence report

  • Following out ALIA in Brisbane, Kerry has been approached by QUT about running something there. Another person has asked about edit training.
  • Re conference had a tentative chat about Analytics and Research team, for session at main conference, research workshop with local academics. Tentatively have somebody at QUT to host that.

Agenda - discussion

Strategic planning and annual plan

  • ACTION: Michael to do finance for the annual plan
    • Strategic plan
    • Revising plan to bring 2014, and re-work to be in line with annual plan.
  • ACTION: Everybody to take a look at both plans and make any changes necessary by 28 December committee meeting, with it ready to be published to members by the end of the year.
  • ACTION: Michael to remind everybody in a week's time.

Conference

ACTION: Kerry to do some of the initial planning in document form. Attendance: 50-200, targetting 100 people. 1/4 to 1/3 may be local from Kerry's experience.

Perth Meeting

Motion
Gideon Digby is authorised to spend $250 for expenses incurred in holding a Perth Meetup, on 7 Feb 2015 at Fremantle Prison, to be reimbursed upon presentation of receipts.
  • Moved: Michael
  • Second: Kerry
  • Abstain: Gideon, Andrew
  • Carried without dissent.

Noongar WP

  • See previous emails to committee list for more detail.
  • Commitment for 3 WIR over 2 campuses (UWA and Curtin).
  • Gideon to provide support and assistance, will be drawn from students who are studying.
  • Activity Feb-March in editing and wikibombs. A test Wikipedia by March, go live (Incubator) by mid-year.

Potential Hobart meetup

Linux.conf.au chat

  • Charles had a brief chat with LCA team, offered assistance/guidance where needed, including having a pre-conf / miniconf with LCA if required.
  • Too late for next year (January), plenty of time for the one after.

Message from Axel Pettersson (WMSE) re camera program

  • Discussion of answers with committee
  • ACTION: Charles to reply with these answers.

Conference

  • What are people's expectations?
  • ACTION: Responding to what comes out.
  • Formation of sub-committee discussed
    • Kerry and Craig for geographic reasons, Craig has some wiki conference experience (HK and Berlin)
    • Michael to join to crunch numbers.
    • Leave open to extra areas of responsibility as and when needed

Next meeting

Next meeting will be held at 4pm AEST 28th.December 2014

Meeting closed at 17:33