Meeting:Committee (2015-07-12)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Sunday 12 July 2015, 18:00 AEST

Meeting opened at 18:10

Introduction

Attendance

  • Present: Steve, Gideon, Mike, Andrew, Kerry, Pru (Gillian observing)
  • Apologies: Craig, Charles
  • Absent:

Previous minutes

Motion
The minutes of the 29 June meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Steve
  • Second: Michael
  • Carried without dissent.

Action items from previous meeting

  • Action: Steve to send Xero/Westpac bank feed form to facilitate reporting (done).
    • Note from Mike: Has been passed on to Xero, should be active for 24 July, plenty of time to produce statements before our next BAS is due in August.
  • ACTION: Steve to discuss with Alex to ensure that we have not mis-interpreted anything, and to clarify the point about spending. Need to ensure that she understands what will follow (see above motion), shared concern about community being behind the event. (done)

Reports

Finance report

  • Updated cash summaries will be released once bank feeds are available.
  • Since we have not had a cash summary published yet, note that the correction (upward revision) to Xero balance of approximately $2,899 will be included in the 2014/15 accounts.
    • Thanks to Craig for assisting with tracking this down to the original balance.
    • Westpac card arrived due to PayWave issue, nothing of importance to note.

Membership report

  • Summary of memberships

Notes from Mike about renewals:

  • 24 Members have renewed
  • I think a circular to members should be sent out by Steve to say hello and thank users for renewing.

Incoming correspondence

  • SLQ regarding photo donations (Ana).
    • 27,000 photos, around half of which already exist on commons.
    • Discussion about a good platform to announce this work.

Agenda

Decisions

Discussion

  • Wrap up of conference - where to from here
    • Discussion about smaller per-city events, foundation feedback and how this can be adapted into future events.
  • creation of local Branch groups
    • Action: Gideon to write a up a formal concept for the next comm meeting
  • AGM discussion
    • Proposed revision 11 Oct (Sunday), requiring software publication by early September.
    • ACTION: Steve to email list, mention proposed date.
  • Perth meetup plan
  • General business - 5-10 mins
    • ACTION: Andrew to check minutes and confirm status of safe space policy.
    • ACTION: Steve to link to Etherpad on committee list
  • LCA MiniConf discussion
    • http://linux.conf.au/programme/miniconfs
    • Can probably get 4 speakers, need to go over what the audience is likely to be. Do they need to register for the main conf?
    • Discussion about LCA, possible LUV talk.
    • ACTION: Mike to talk to Steve about possible topics and make contact with LUV.
    • ACTION: Mike to contact Adam about software, to confirm arrangements.

General business

Next meeting: Monday 27 July 8pm Meeting closed: 19:51 AEST