Meeting:Committee (2015-07-27)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Monday 27 July 2015, 20:00 AEST

Meeting opened at 20:07

Introduction

Attendance

  • Present: Steve, Gideon, Mike, Pru, Charles, Kerry, Andrew (left 20:35 - flight)
  • Apologies:
  • Absent:

Previous minutes

Motion
The minutes of the 12 July meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Steve
  • Second: Gideon
  • Carried without dissent.

Action items from previous meeting

    • Action: Gideon to write a up a formal concept (re branches) for the next comm meeting - done (Proposal:Branch)
    • ACTION: Mike to talk to Steve about possible topics and make contact with LUV (in progress)
    • ACTION: Mike to contact Adam about software, to confirm arrangements (in progress)
    • ACTION: Andrew to investigate status of the Safe Space proposal. (outstanding)

Reports

Finance report

Not available. (Background: Craig has been contacted to export statements from Bendigo account, this data cannot be loaded automatically, as Xero is now hooked up to new Westpac accounts)

  • Two donations were received total of $70.

Membership report

  • Summary of memberships - 2 renewals received since last meeting.

Incoming correspondence

  • Email from Toodyay, associated blog post shared on Facebook.
  • Correspondence from UNSW about a workshop in Sydney.

Agenda

Decisions

Discussion

  • Discussion about smaller per-city events, foundation feedback and how this can be adapted into future events.
    • ACTION: Steve to write a bit about geonotices on enwiki_p, and email the comm.
  • Creation of local Branch groups
    • ACTION: Gideon to get some public feedback on policy from members.
    • ACTION: Mike to draft proposal to bring members@ members-announce@ lists in-house.
  • Perth meetup

Next meeting: Sunday 9 August 18:00 Meeting closed: 21:30 AEST