From Wikimedia Australia
|Wikimedia Australia Inc.|
|Monday 5 October 2015, 19:00 AEDST|
Meeting opened at 19:03 AEDST
- Present: Steve, Michael, Gideon, Andrew, Pru, Charles
- Apologies: Kerry, Craig (leave of absence)
Action items from previous meeting
- ACTION: Andrew to contact Michael re getting current members from Xero. DONE
- ACTION: Andrew to pass file on to Pru for upload to Google docs, to be resolved before AGM.
- ACTION: Public liability - to be paid DONE
- ACTION: Gideon to respond to help email regarding Laurie Patton Done
- ACTION: Steve to organise bridge for AGM - done
- ACTION: Andrew to email asap to member lists etc to advise of date of meeting and ask for any issues with Skype
- place of meeting for each location, eg Melbourne is Monash Caulfield, following WikiD workshop - done
- Position at 30 September is $62,804.
- Reports on wiki.
- BAS's lodged, expected refunds are-
- 339 for Sep quarter.
- 333 for June quarter.
- AIS (financial statemetns) emailed to comm list - this will be tabled at the AGM for members
- HTTPS is now enabled on our main site- https://wikimedia.org.au/
- This was suggested in April by Mitch Ames
- Certificate is valid through to mid-2017
- Note that security benefits aside, Google encourages this, and will now rank us with our HTTPS-enabled Wikimedia peers: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/https-as-ranking-signal.html
- Treasurer position discussed in light of Michael not re-nominating.
- 37 confirmed members as at close of membership list, 4 renewed in the last week. 2 additional are yet to pay and will pay in Nov.
- Uni Syd grant application - Being handled by Kerry.
- UWA academic organising meet-up with Steve & Michael.
- Local branches for Information
- Wikimania 2017 - Perth Bid
- Discussion around drafting a letter regarding new bid process.
- Don't want to be too combative, but want to communicate our position.
- ACTION: Steve to write something short & professional up to record our concern over lack of process and transparency.
- Wikipedia 15th birthday
- Keep this on the agenda for next committee. Mention at AGM.
- General business
- Discussion around committee size and quorum.
- Melbourne meetup in planning (Pru, Mike, Steve).
- Final thanks
Next meeting: Not scheduled, due to AGM. Meeting closed: 18:09 AEST