Meeting:Committee (2015-10-05)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Monday 5 October 2015, 19:00 AEDST

Meeting opened at 19:03 AEDST

Introduction

Attendance

  • Present: Steve, Michael, Gideon, Andrew, Pru, Charles
  • Apologies: Kerry, Craig (leave of absence)
  • Absent:

Previous minutes

Motion
The minutes of the 13 September meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Steve
  • Second: Gideon
  • Carried without dissent.

Action items from previous meeting

  • ACTION: Andrew to contact Michael re getting current members from Xero. DONE
    • ACTION: Andrew to pass file on to Pru for upload to Google docs, to be resolved before AGM.
  • ACTION: Public liability - to be paid DONE
  • ACTION: Gideon to respond to help email regarding Laurie Patton Done
  • ACTION: Steve to organise bridge for AGM - done
  • ACTION: Andrew to email asap to member lists etc to advise of date of meeting and ask for any issues with Skype
  • place of meeting for each location, eg Melbourne is Monash Caulfield, following WikiD workshop - done

Reports

Finance report

  • Position at 30 September is $62,804.
  • Reports on wiki.
  • BAS's lodged, expected refunds are-
    • 339 for Sep quarter.
    • 333 for June quarter.
  • AIS (financial statemetns) emailed to comm list - this will be tabled at the AGM for members
  • HTTPS is now enabled on our main site- https://wikimedia.org.au/
  • Treasurer position discussed in light of Michael not re-nominating.

Membership report

  • 37 confirmed members as at close of membership list, 4 renewed in the last week. 2 additional are yet to pay and will pay in Nov.

Incoming correspondence

  • Uni Syd grant application - Being handled by Kerry.
  • UWA academic organising meet-up with Steve & Michael.

Agenda

Decisions

Discussion

  • AGM

- Local branches for Information

  • Wikimania 2017 - Perth Bid
    • Discussion around drafting a letter regarding new bid process.
    • Don't want to be too combative, but want to communicate our position.
    • ACTION: Steve to write something short & professional up to record our concern over lack of process and transparency.
  • Wikipedia 15th birthday
    • Keep this on the agenda for next committee. Mention at AGM.
  • General business
  • Discussion around committee size and quorum.
  • Melbourne meetup in planning (Pru, Mike, Steve).
  • Final thanks

General business

Next meeting: Not scheduled, due to AGM. Meeting closed: 18:09 AEST