Meeting:Committee (2015-10-18)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
Sunday 18 October 2015, 16:00 AEDST

Meeting opened at 16:18



  • Present: Gideon (chair), Pru, Andrew, Charles, Steve (after confirmation)
  • Advisers: Michael
  • Apologies:
  • Absent: Robert (not receiving email notifications - 26 Oct)

New members

That Steve Crossin is co-opted to the Wikimedia Australia committee for 2015-16 as an ordinary committee member.
  • Moved: Gideon
  • Second: Andrew
  • Carried without dissent.

Michael was offered a vacant committee member position by the committee but declined.

That Michael Billington be appointed to a non-voting advisory role for the Wikimedia Australia committee for 2015-16.
  • Moved: Gideon
  • Second: Andrew
  • Carried without dissent.

Previous minutes

The minutes of the 5 October meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Gideon
  • Second: Pru
  • Carried without dissent.

Action items from previous meeting

  • Letter to WMF re Wikimania -
    • 5 Oct: "To write something short & professional up to record our concern over lack of process and transparency."
    • will be drafted by Pru, approved by the committee and sent by either Pru or Andrew.
    • ACTION: Andrew and Gideon to send Pru relevant links.
  • Wikipedia 15 - leave on agenda for next meeting.


Finance report

Unchanged since last meeting. Michael has asked the signatories to the Bendigo account to transfer the money into the Westpac account.

Membership report

Unchanged since AGM.

Incoming correspondence

  • Request to complete survey on Partnerships & Resource Development from John Andersson representing group formed at Wikimedia Conference 2015 [1]
  • Gideon created an etherpad page to work on committee response
  • A financial member contacted us in response to an email from the President about vacant committee positions. Correspondence is ongoing.



  • ACTION: Identify and fill the Treasurer position.

General business

  • Gideon flying on Tuesday morning to Melbourne.
  • Melbourne Meetup Tues 20 Oct 6pm Fed Square
  • Vacant Treasurer position - Andrew (as Secretary) updated the meeting following a call with CAV on relevant legal requirements and what courses of action were possible.
Until the appointment of a new treasurer is finalised, the existing signatories are authorised to conduct transactions in accordance with the rules.
  • Moved: Andrew
  • Second: Pru
  • Carried without dissent.
  • ACTION: Andrew to follow up with Robert regarding Skype ahead of the next meeting.

Next meeting: Monday 2 November 2015, 20:00 AEDST Meeting closed: 17:11 AEST