Meeting:Committee (2015-11-30)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Monday 30 November 2015, 20:00 AEDST

Meeting opened at 20:08

Introduction

Attendance

  • Present: Pru, Andrew, Steven, Robert, Tom, Gideon (from 20:50)
  • Apologies: Charles

Previous minutes

Motion
The minutes of the 16 November meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Steve
  • Second: Pru
  • Carried without dissent.

Action items - updates

  • ACTION: Gideon checking Tom's email access Done and sorted...gn
  • ACTION: Steven to update information ACNC - Annual report on activities. Requires addresses from comm - done except Tom - need residential address for ACNC.
  • ACTION: Robert and Pru to compile table of dates, costs, flights for Face to face meeting and SGM Provisionally 12-13 March 2016. Decide location based on a comparison of fares. Robert provided one.
  • ACTION: Steve to create Xero access for new committee members - DONE
  • ACTION Pru to coordinate entry to monthly GLAM newsletter https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Newsletter - regular report is an important KPI. Coordinator to write up events at the time (in prog)
  • ACTION: Steve to organise access to WordPress blog http://blog.wikimedia.org.au for other committee members - can use Google Wikimedia login - DONE
  • ACTION: Andrew to do an audit of members across systems and processes for removing ex-members - Steve provided access to the member list, most non financial users have been removed and a further few will be emailed as part of another task.
  • ACTION: Andrew to check privacy legislation on access to membership list, then Pru to set up Google sheet with access to Treasurer & President - Have been advised that the disclosure must be necessary to fulfil a purpose, and must have informed consent from the member. Our own privacy policy lists three conditions none of which applies, so publishing to the whole committee (esp given 26% of our membership can see it there) may not be appropriate. A list of names, geographical indicators (eg "Perth", "WA Rural", "Newcastle area"), and Wiki identities would not breach the rules as none of these are "personal information" (address, phone, email). Full data will be added to new CiviCRM installation and access to it given to current executive. (Reading note: CiviCRM was ultimately not populated)
  • ACTION: Steve email copy of member welcome letter to Gideon. - done
  • ACTION: Gideon post member welcome letter as template to comm wiki and send welcome letter -not done template letter not recieved (now sent to Gideon)
  • ACTION: Andrew to send renewal reminders to expired members - ongoing.
  • ACTION: Pru to check with Craig on whereabouts of previous load of merchandise - emailed, not received reply yet - Craig will send to Pru. Reimbursement of postage mainly smaller sized tshirts, a couple of drink bottles, badges, and other such things
  • ACTION: Pru to contact Andy Mabbett or Roger Bamkin regards Wikidata tour February 2016 - underway. Report and discuss later in meeting
  • ACTION: Charles adding committee to Facebook - will check access
  • ACTION: Charles to post username/password to Twitter account on Comm wiki - will check access

Reports

Finance report

Still no access to systems.

Membership report

One new application but no email address provided. ACTION: Andrew to follow up by postal mail.

Expense claims

  • Three pending

Committee matters

For decision

  • VSP - Software for QR plaques production $271 unrestricted license - see email
Motion
That the VSP request of Gnangarra for the purposes of purchasing/funding software for QR plaque creation of the amount of $271 (with a reasonable buffer) be accepted. The standard provisions regarding reporting apply.
  • Moved: Steve
  • Second: Andrew
  • Gideon was not present
  • Carried without dissent.
  • ACTION: Steve to communicate to Gideon that VSP has been accepted.
Motion
That Tom Hogarth be added to the WMAU bank accounts as a signatory, and will be authorised for internet banking access.
  • Moved: Steve
  • Second: Robert
  • Support: Gideon, Pru, Andrew
  • Abstain: Tom
  • Carried without dissent.
  • ACTION: Steve to contact Michael to fill out necessary forms to add Tom as a signatory.
Motion
That Andrew and Steve be authorised to deal with existing signatory issues at Westpac including arranging internet banking access.
  • Moved: Robert
  • Second: Gideon
  • Support: Pru, Tom
  • Abstain: Andrew, Steve
  • Carried without dissent.
  • ACTION: Steve to coordinate with Andrew to organise internet banking with remaining signatories that do not have access.
Berlin conference

After a discussion, the following motions passed:

Motion
That Gideon Digby be nominated as one of the WMAU delegates to Berlin Chapters meeting 2016
  • Moved: Pru
  • Second: Steve
  • Support: Andrew, Tom, Robert
  • Abstain: Gideon
  • Carried without dissent.
Motion
That Andrew Owens be nominated as one of the WMAU delegates to Berlin Chapters meeting 2016
  • Moved: Gideon
  • Second: Steve
  • Support: Pru, Tom, Robert
  • Abstain: Andrew
  • Carried without dissent.
  • Action: Steve to work on compiling written copy of President's report from the 2014-2015 term for submission as copy of annual report.

Program Activity

  • Report on Noongarpedia - Gideon
  • Report on WikiD Architects project - Pru
  • Report on Radio National Schools project – Pru
  • WP15 planning
Perth - Gideon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Perth/23
Melbourne – Pru - still sourcing venue
Sydney – Robert - ongoing
Hobart – Charles
  • Libraries partnerships - Pru
    • VALA conference session, Thurs 11 Feb 2016 -

Wikidata presenter roadshow Feb 2016 - Costings for WA

General Business

  • Discussion of blog access (20:12) - Tom asked who was responsible. A new workflow will have to be established following AGM changes on committee.

Next meeting: Monday 14 December 2015, 20:00 AEDST Meeting closed: 22:03 AEDST