Meeting:Committee (2015-12-14)

Committee meeting

14 December 2015

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Board) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).

  Wikimedia Australia Inc.
Monday 14 December 2015, 20:00 AEDST

Meeting opened at 20:11



  • Present: Gideon (chair), Andrew, Pru, Tom
  • Apologies: Steve, Robert

Previous minutes

The minutes of the 30 November meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Pru
  • Second: Gideon
  • Carried without dissent.


Finance report

  • Andrew has obtained limited access to bank account.
  • Xero access needed for all signatories to authorise payments
  • Andrew to resolve signatory issues with Westpac.

Membership report

  • new application -- issues in notifications need to create matrix of who has access to what and ensure two committee members have access
  • renewal

Note: Email notifications from Google forms can be set up by members in Google Sheets under Tools - Notification Alerts

Action Items

  • Gideon to get ACNC access from Steve
  • Gideon to provide President report for 2014 on meta

Program Activity

Wikipedia 15

  • Perth
    • organiser:Gideon
    • Venue: Museum of Perth
    • Date: 15 January 2016 at 18:00
    • notes;
      • Media being encouraged to attend
    • costs:
      • $500 venue & catering
      • Travel if required
  • Melbourne
    • Organiser: Pru
    • Venue:Queen Vic Centre
    • Date:15th Jan
    • notes:
      • cost $300 - 500
  • Brisbane:
    • Organiser :Craig
    • cost $250
That WMAU provides up to $500 per event to cover catering and venue costs for each Wikipedia 15 group activity.
  • Moved: Gideon
  • Second: Pru
  • Carried without dissent.

Wikidata tour

Andy's walkabout downunder budget approved by email titled: Proposal: Wikidata Australian tour 11 December 2015

  • Proposed:Pru
  • Seconded:Gideon
  • carried without dissent

Melb accommodation with Pru

Perth accommodation with Tom

Travel policy
  • ACTION: Update travel policy to allow for token payment when accommodating travellers in their home
  • Media and public information in accessible form required to support tour
  • ACTION: Pru to collect these - publication of links on front page of
  • ACTION: Pru to finalise itinerary with Andy Mabbett
  • ACTION: Andrew and Gideon to organise travel agent

General Business

Next meeting: Monday 4 January 2016, 20:00 AEDST Meeting closed: 20:57 AEDST

Discuss this page