Meeting:Committee (2016-01-11)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Monday 11 January 2016, 20:00 AEDST

Meeting opened at 20:05

Introduction

Attendance

  • Present: Gideon (chair), Pru, Andrew, Robert, Tom, Steve
  • Apologies: Charles

Previous minutes

Motion
The minutes of the 14 December meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Gideon
  • Second: Pru
  • Carried without dissent.

Action items arising

  • Gideon to get ACNC access from Steve - done
  • Gideon to provide President report for 2014 on meta - done: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/Reports/Wikimedia_Australia/2015/Annual_Report
  • Andrew to resolve issues with accounts - done. Assumed control of accounts on 17-18 December, paid outstanding amounts and topped up the debit card per Michael's request.
  • Xero access needed for all signs to authorise payments - done by Andrew.
  • Pru to finalise itinerary with Andy Mabbett - done. ACTION: Andrew to provide insurance information to Pru
  • Andrew and Gideon to organise travel agent - done
  • Update travel policy to allow for token payment when we are accommodating travellers in their home
  • Pru to collect media and public information in accessible form to support tour & publish links on front page of wikimedia.org.au page for each WMF project as resources for talks

Reports

Finance report

$59,420.84 across all accounts (as at 11 Jan)

Key payments:

  • $3,132 - Wikidata tour
  • $140 a month in recurrent bills: Google, Xero and hosting provider (Linode)
  • $721 in other receipts since early October (including $371 of expenses for IA trip and $218 CAV filings)
  • $225 in donations since early October

Request per diem payment to Andy Mabbett to cover expenses in Sydney & Canberra

Membership report

  • new applications - 1
  • renewals - 0

Discussion about complimentary membership (until 30 June 2016) for long serving non-renewals who are active. Point was made that they would not have voting rights during the period, but would have all other rights (Wiki, mailing list etc). Andrew to identify potential recipients and bring to next meeting.

Correspondence reports

  • help@wmau email 5 January
  • Sam Wilson: broken http://blog.wikimedia.org.au/feed/
  • Michael Billington: website transfer. Technical details - hidden costs / limits / copyright issues?

Program Activity

Wikipedia 15

Channel 10 The Project producer has been advised about the events in Melbourne and Perth, not Brisbane as its not likely to be until after the 15th. Contacted Craig & Kerry for information about the event planning and any needs

  • Perth -- Cas has cancelled. Still on track otherwise.
  • Melbourne
  • Brisbane:
  • Adelaide - have had an offer via email from Cobi Smith. Gideon advised her of funding.

Wikidata tour

update on events who is organising what, where and when

  • Melbourne:Pru
  • Sydney: Pru to check with Kerry Raymond, get quote for travel if required
  • Canberra Robert will check possibility of travel to Canberra 17-18 Feb. If not, Pru will attend Canberra. Contact Nick Dowling
  • Perth:Gideon, Andrew, Tom
  • Proposal for two Queenslanders to attend, one at each Canberra & Sydney events aim to provide a followup event in Brisbane

General Business

WikiConf Berlin registrations - GN done andrew done

Wikimania 2016

Brief discussion about Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy. Scholarships closed 9 January. Given the scholarship mechanism for 2015 and its carry-over into 2016, we are planning on sending an Australian to Wikimania on WMAu funds. There is a need for a proper process to select this person and we have the time to do it, with a view to finalising travel arrangements in the first or second week of March 2016. Something similar to the scholarship process but with less "bulk" and more focused criteria was in principle agreed.

ACTION: Andrew to draft process and formulate criteria for WMAU scholarships/funding to Wikimania and circulate to committee. Committee to consider, amend and present at next meeting (25 Jan).

Next meeting: Monday 25 January 2016, 20:00 AEDST Meeting closed: 21:07 AEDST