Meeting:Committee (2016-02-15)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Monday 15 February 2016, 20:00 AEDST

Meeting opened at 20:05

Introduction

Attendance

  • Present: Gideon (chair), Pru, Andrew, Charles, Robert
  • Apologies: Tom (late), Steve

Previous minutes

Motion
The minutes of the 29 January meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Pru
  • Second: Charles
  • Carried without dissent.

Matters Arising

note this meeting is to focus on the Wikidata Downunder Tour some matter arising may be deferred for email discussion or until next scheduled meeting

  • Andrew to draft process and formulate criteria for WMAU scholarships/funding to Wikimania and circulate to committee. Committee to consider, amend and present at next meeting (25 Jan) - tfr to Pru & Charles
    • activity levels
    • active members
    • involvement across diverse areas
    • in good standing with the movement
    • reporting back and sharing knowledge
    • conference literacy
    • social media, networking
    • fresh face, future leadership potential

(WMF criteria at https://wikimania2016.wikimedia.org/wiki/Scholarships#Phase_2 )

  • Andrew to identify potential recipients of complimentary membership and bring to next meeting - three identified, to be contacted and extended to 30 June 2016.
  • Pru to compile contacts emergency contacts for Andy should there be a need - add to Comm Wiki
  • Pru find deadline for GLAM Report
  • Robert to send dongle to Pru for Andy.... part 2 Andy to leave Dongle with /Gideon or Tom for return to Robert

Membership issues

Andrew still working on related tasks.

Finances

  • ACTION: Andrew to provide written report on the changes being made to the accounts - for next meeting.

Deferred until later date

  • Develop a policy on regional partnerships and support for Pacific region where there is no established WM Chapter
  • WikiConf update


Reports

Membership report

  • Three new members. President to officially respond
  • WMID reconciliation and payment status - still ongoing
  • Donations -

Correspondence

  • bill from Museum of Perth for WP15 in Perth submitted to Xero for payment ($75 below the quote)

Wikidata Downunder tour

  • overview / review of Melbourne and Sydney = Pru gave overview, will contact Gillian and Kerry to produce a written report about them, Charles spoke about Melbourne as well
  • Canberra: Robert travel assistance confirmation approved on email
  • Preview of Perth mini conference -- 47 seats
  • establishment of a reporting space which can be published publicly by 1 March 2016 after comm review 29 February

Next meeting: Monday 29 February 2016, 20:00 AEDST Meeting closed: 21:20 AEDST