Meeting:Committee (2016-05-02)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Monday 2 May 2016, 19:00 AEST

Meeting opened at 19:05

Introduction

Attendance

  • Present: Gideon (chair), Robert, Pru, Tom
  • Apologies: Steve, Andrew, Charles (intermittent)

Previous minutes

Motion
The minutes of the 9 April meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Gideon
  • Second: Tom
  • Carried without dissent.

Business arising

  • Drafting revision to Constitution based on 2012 Model Rules and suggestions
Motion
That the Committee puts the changes to our rules as described by the 2016 rules review to the members via a Special General Meeting on Saturday 11 June 2016 17:00 AEST/15:00 AWST.
  • Moved: Gideon
  • Second: Tom
  • Carried without dissent.

(Reading note: The 2016 rules review was published to the membership as a PDF as part of the SGM notification process.)

  • CiviCRM - Andrew to populate
    • check Xero matches and check on membership renewals already sent out alter to comm before sending out renewals --- ACTION:Andrew
  • Face to Face (F2F) Perth June 11 & 12 2016: Sorrento Quay resort
  • Gideon to book Robert flights
  • ACTION: Commence an agenda page on Comm Wiki to record items
  • Darwin Library 21-26 June

A motion was proposed by email on 16 April 2016.

Motion
That Wikimedia Australia, to enable the servicing of a training agreement with the Northern Territory Library approves $2200 of funds to cover Robert's flights and Gideon and Robert's accommodation for five days, plus a budget of $500 for sundry expenses.
  • Moved: Andrew (by email)
  • Second: Steve (by email)
  • Abstain: Gideon and Robert
  • Carried without dissent.
  • ACTION; GIdeon to commence an agenda, All the committee to assist in establishing outreach with other GLAMs in Darwin
  • COI / Ethics / Injury code - all research policy options and wording for next meeting
  • WMConf reports - Steve & Andrew - not received
  • ASBS voting update - refer to email sent 25 April, title ASBS votes

Correspondence

  • ALIA West - launching a new initiative from WA on 28th June
  • request to speak at Murdoch University - content program starting
  • Rio media accreditation - paralympics Hawkeye and Robert
    • Request from Ross Mallett for WMAU to be a Responsible Organisation for Media pass to Rio Paralympic Games. No cost to WMAU, signature on form required
  • ACTION: Pru to sign the form on behalf of WMAU and return to Ross specifiying that it covers him only
  • Also to sign the form for Robert
  • ACTION: Andrew to pay $12.04 travel expense to VSP recipient
  • Various other emails dealt with by referral.

General Business

  • Tom reported on an Albany meetup, triggered outreach and worked with editors in Albany to advance work significantly
  • Wikimania scholarships awarded
    • Agreement letters to be finalised

ACTION: Gideon to follow up with Sam Wilson to determine his availability to attend as our delegate and reconvene a committee meeting to decide on this issue on Monday 9 May 7pm / 5pm

  • WLE
Motion (passed by email 12 April 2016)
That Wikimedia Australia sets aside $1200 for prizes associated with Wiki Loves Earth - Australia.
  • Moved: Andrew (by email)
  • Second: Pru (by email)
  • Support: Robert, Steve, Gideon
  • Carried without dissent.
    • WLE first days - quick report if time permits

Next meeting: Monday 9 May 2016, 17:00 AEST Meeting closed: 20:31 AEST