per my recent post to the au mailing list - I think it would be great to also encourage folk to offer some details about their programmes / ideas publically - it would be interesting, and maybe morale building a bit :-) Privatemusings 16:56, 31 March 2010 (EST)
- People who want to discuss their ideas or make suggestions for possible projects can do so on this talk page if they wish to, but they don't have to and are not pressured to do so. The committee is only going to publish successful applications and unsuccessful ones will be kept private. However, we only have very limited funds for the trial program and once that's gone that's it for the initial program, so I wouldn't advise people interested in applying for a grant to sit around gas-bagging for too long or they may miss out. Sarah 17:53, 31 March 2010 (EST)
Just wondering how this is going? Any applicants / approvals to date? cheers, Privatemusings 14:30, 29 May 2010 (EST)
- following up - any updates or news? Privatemusings 19:24, 21 July 2010 (EST)
- There have been two grant applications and both were approved. One to Noodle Snacks for books and one to Bidgee for a photo expedition. Sarah 12:26, 15 September 2010 (EST)
I think we should include a list of the grants that have been approved, maybe at the bottom. That should help people get an idea for what types of grants will be approved. John Vandenberg 15:40, 23 October 2010 (EST)
- I've gone ahead and done this - using all the detail I'm aware of (ie. what's mentioned above :-) - I also removed for now the 'completed projects' bit because I'm not sure it's happening - otoh, I just checked the page history and I see that it was only added in Sep. so presumably only applies from now on.... I think I'll pop it back momentarily pending confirmation :-) cheers, Privatemusings 20:04, 24 October 2010 (EST)
- The 'completed projects' part is new, and due to discussion by the newly formed committee. John Vandenberg 09:21, 25 October 2010 (EST)
Note that, according to the not-for-profit rule, no moneys can be distributed to members "except as bona fide compensation for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of the organisation".
So any grant must be (or become) work on behalf of (or goods bought for) Wikimedia Australia. The current description almost specifies this, but it probably could be explicitly mentioned.
markhurd 20:21, 7 October 2010 (EST)
- I agree that this should be made more explicit, and we should even mention Rule 35. John Vandenberg 15:39, 23 October 2010 (EST)
'The program is open to applications from March until August 2010.' - shurely shome mishtake? Privatemusings 09:33, 5 April 2011 (EST)
- It was extended indefinitely at Meeting:Committee_(2010-08-08)#Motion:_Extension_of_small_grant_program. Thx. John Vandenberg 09:36, 5 April 2011 (EST)