Meeting: Committee (2020-05-25)
Meeting channel: BigBlueButton https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net
- Date: Monday 25 May 2020
- Time / time zone: 5pm WA / 7pm AEST
- Meeting channel: https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net Committee room
- Attendees: Pru, Steve, Robert, Alex, Sam, Matt, Caddie
Minutes of previous meeting:
- Monday 20 April 2020 Meeting:Committee_(2020-04-20)
- That the minutes of the 20 April 2020 meeting be accepted.
- Moved: Pru
- Seconded: Matt
Carried without dissent.
- To be published to public wiki
Business arising and actions
- ACTIONS - dealt with under appropriate reports below
REDACTED - CONFIDENTIAL
- That Wikimedia Australia grant Gideon Digby up to $400 to coordinate intrastate travel to document WA roads and points of interest. Reimbursement will be on receipt of tax invoices and a report documenting the content contributed, before 30 June 2020.
Moved: Pru Seconded: Steve
In favour: Jacinta, Caddie, Alex
ACTION: President has communicated this to Gideon.
- Wikidata and GLAMs outreach proposal progress report
ACTION: Pru & Matt to discuss feedback and look at revisions to services agreement e.g. termination periods
- Safe Spaces Policy Review - raised at Community meeting
- Compare https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Resolution:Safe_Space_Policy to https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Friendly_Space_Policies
- There are degrees of contravention, and levels of intentionality. At what point should the event organiser report an issue to the committee? Ensure there is someone at the event, and on the committee who is the nominated receiver of reports.
- ACTION: Define the event organiser and reporter. Create an incident register to document reports and keep track of multiple occasions. Where to host this for data privacy?
- ACTION: Watching brief to review this when the WMF protocols are determined.
- ACTION: Steve to update Safe Space Policy on wiki to detail incident register and reporting process etc
- Outreach to Public Relations Institute of Australia - raised at Community meeting
To increase understanding in the sector about Wikipedia’s policies Summarise COI rules and user name policy - ‘handy hints to preserve your reputation’ Is this a top 3 problem for us in Australian content? What positive message/advice can we give?
- ACTION: Steve will look at drafting this and Matt and Caddie will review - not urgent
- Survey - review members’ responses - recommend merging questions *link redacted*
- Pru to follow up with banner ad -
- Partnerships - legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page
- Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting
- ACTION: Caddie to discuss partnership endorsement with Franklin Women. - Record the agreement on WMAU Wiki
- ACTION: Robert to draft up a COVID-19 page on Comm, send to Comm for approval. (had a draft in Word done, but have missed placed it)
- ACTION: Further investigate and identify accounts that require a common password https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Accounts - Ongoing (look at this week or next)
- Email to committee regarding timeout. Also stating that I wouldn’t be standing on Committee for the next term.
- Investigate Volunteer personal accident insurance - discuss at future meeting https://business-insurance.aon.com.au/professions/charity,-community-and-nfp-groups/volunteer-personal-accident
- Centenary Institute - Matt to contact - ongoing
- Profit & Loss Statement since last meeting: https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Australia_Inc_-_Profit_%26_Loss_-_Apr_-_May_2020.pdf
Net change: +$420
- Current Account balances as of 24 May 2020: Westpac: $66,209.56 CC: $117.73 PayPal: $572.39
- Income: ATO: $1,041 GST refund incoming from 3 BAS statements , $471.77 (ex GST) from 55 renewals, $0 from 0 new members, $195 in 12 donations, $5.54 in interest.
- Expenses: Xero $45.45, $15.79 PayPal fees, Hosting $32.09, $159.27 travel reimbursements
- Financial actions from previous meeting, signatories - ongoing
ACTION: Pru to contact Westpac in changing signatories.
- ACTION Financial
- Pru, Steve and Alex
- Midterm report
- Financial report shows how we are underspent, and plans to adjust program activities
- Need more reporting of events, linking to criteria from the annual plan.
ACTION: Robert to assist Steve with the BAS statements - Note: Oct-Dec 19, Jan-Mar 20 done by Steve, Jul-Sep 19 may be outstanding - DONE
- (2019-10-16) WMF Grants Admin $102.11 AUD to return from 2018-19 Simple APG
- Robert and Pru work out how to wire funds back $102.11 AUD - This will be incorporated in the wash up of 2019-20
Joining: no new members
Newsletter *link redacted*
Facebook Committee to do weekly Twitter Committee to do weekly Post an Australian article regularly Promoting WMAU Grants - Kerry Raymond - Macquarie Dictionary access and discussion regarding wider access to resources/benefits for WMAU members - Steve item
New calendar subscription feature: https://wikimedia.org.au/events.ics
- Know my Name
- Post-press release: 1-2 pages, Feminist publications - Matt assist.
- Post-thanks to venues, facilitators etc
- Online post-event
- ACTION: Caddie to follow up with a report
- WikiCite ANZ, Friday 14 February 2020 - report is available at https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/2020_WikiCite_ANZ - reimbursement grant received 15/4/2020
- Wikimedia Summit May: Alex
- Brand Network - Alex reporting on postponed process
- Strategy Final Recommendations
- Wikimania 2021 REDACTED
- Next Community meeting: Wed 10 June 7pm (AEST) - Sam WikiSource
- Future Community meetings: Wed 13 July 7pm (AEST);
- Next Committee meeting: Mon 22 June 7pm (AEST):