Meeting:Committee (2020-05-25)

From Wikimedia Australia
Revision as of 18:23, 4 September 2020 by Bidgee (talk | contribs) (Publish)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
National


Event
to (National)
Committee (2020-05-25)

Location: Online

Share link: – or download calendar item (.ics)

Normal monthly Committee meeting. Committee members and observers only.


Committee meeting

25 May 2020

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Committee) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).


Meeting channel: BigBlueButton https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net

Introduction

Date: Monday 25 May 2020
Time / time zone: 5pm WA / 7pm AEST
Meeting channel: https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net Committee room

Attendance

Attendees: Pru, Steve, Robert, Alex, Sam, Matt, Caddie
Apologies:

Previous minutes

Minutes of previous meeting:

https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Meeting:Committee_(2020-04-20)

  • That the minutes of the 20 April 2020 meeting be accepted.
Moved: Pru
Seconded: Matt

Carried without dissent.

ACTION
To be published to public wiki

Business arising and actions

ACTIONS - dealt with under appropriate reports below

Reports

President's report

REDACTED - CONFIDENTIAL

  • That Wikimedia Australia grant Gideon Digby up to $400 to coordinate intrastate travel to document WA roads and points of interest. Reimbursement will be on receipt of tax invoices and a report documenting the content contributed, before 30 June 2020.

Moved: Pru Seconded: Steve

In favour: Jacinta, Caddie, Alex

ACTION: President has communicated this to Gideon.

Wikidata and GLAMs outreach proposal progress report

ACTION: Pru & Matt to discuss feedback and look at revisions to services agreement e.g. termination periods

Safe Spaces Policy Review - raised at Community meeting
  • ACTION: Define the event organiser and reporter. Create an incident register to document reports and keep track of multiple occasions. Where to host this for data privacy?
  • ACTION: Watching brief to review this when the WMF protocols are determined.
  • ACTION: Steve to update Safe Space Policy on wiki to detail incident register and reporting process etc
Outreach to Public Relations Institute of Australia - raised at Community meeting

To increase understanding in the sector about Wikipedia’s policies Summarise COI rules and user name policy - ‘handy hints to preserve your reputation’ Is this a top 3 problem for us in Australian content? What positive message/advice can we give?

  • ACTION: Steve will look at drafting this and Matt and Caddie will review - not urgent
Survey - review members’ responses - recommend merging questions *link redacted*
ACTION
Pru to follow up with banner ad -
Partnerships - legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page
Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting
  • ACTION: Caddie to discuss partnership endorsement with Franklin Women. - Record the agreement on WMAU Wiki

Secretary's report

COVID-19
  • ACTION: Robert to draft up a COVID-19 page on Comm, send to Comm for approval. (had a draft in Word done, but have missed placed it)
  • ACTION: Further investigate and identify accounts that require a common password https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Accounts - Ongoing (look at this week or next)
  • Email to committee regarding timeout. Also stating that I wouldn’t be standing on Committee for the next term.

Correspondence

Treasurer's report

Net change: +$420

  • Current Account balances as of 24 May 2020: Westpac: $66,209.56 CC: $117.73 PayPal: $572.39
  • Income: ATO: $1,041 GST refund incoming from 3 BAS statements , $471.77 (ex GST) from 55 renewals, $0 from 0 new members, $195 in 12 donations, $5.54 in interest.
  • Expenses: Xero $45.45, $15.79 PayPal fees, Hosting $32.09, $159.27 travel reimbursements
  • Financial actions from previous meeting, signatories - ongoing

ACTION: Pru to contact Westpac in changing signatories.

ACTION Financial
Pru, Steve and Alex
Midterm report

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Simple/Applications/Wikimedia_Australia_2019-2020#Midpoint_report

Financial report shows how we are underspent, and plans to adjust program activities
Need more reporting of events, linking to criteria from the annual plan.

ACTION: Robert to assist Steve with the BAS statements - Note: Oct-Dec 19, Jan-Mar 20 done by Steve, Jul-Sep 19 may be outstanding - DONE

  • (2019-10-16) WMF Grants Admin $102.11 AUD to return from 2018-19 Simple APG

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Return_unused_funds_to_WMF

ACTION
Robert and Pru work out how to wire funds back $102.11 AUD - This will be incorporated in the wash up of 2019-20

Membership report

Joining: no new members

Communications report

Newsletter *link redacted*

Facebook Committee to do weekly Twitter Committee to do weekly Post an Australian article regularly Promoting WMAU Grants - Kerry Raymond - Macquarie Dictionary access and discussion regarding wider access to resources/benefits for WMAU members - Steve item

Technical report

New calendar subscription feature: https://wikimedia.org.au/events.ics

Activities

National activities

  • Know my Name
    • Post-press release: 1-2 pages, Feminist publications - Matt assist.
    • Post-thanks to venues, facilitators etc
    • Online post-event
    • ACTION: Caddie to follow up with a report

Global activities

  • Wikimedia Summit May: Alex
  • Brand Network - Alex reporting on postponed process
  • Strategy Final Recommendations
  • Wikimania 2021 REDACTED

OTHER BUSINESS

REDACTED

Meeting closed

Closed: 8.30pm

  • Next Community meeting: Wed 10 June 7pm (AEST) - Sam WikiSource
  • Future Community meetings: Wed 13 July 7pm (AEST);
  • Next Committee meeting: Mon 22 June 7pm (AEST):