Decisions
A decision is any notable agreement reached by the Board (formerly the Committee) during a meeting. They differ from Resolutions in that the latter are larger-scoped more declarative statements of WMAU purpose.
Decisions are documented within meeting minutes by use of the {{decision}} template.
| Date | Decision | Outcome | Moved and seconded | Link | Notes |
|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| 2026-01-20 | That the minutes of the Board meeting held on Tuesday 9 December 2025, be accepted as an accurate record of that meeting. | Passed | Kerry Raymond, Emily Mierisch | Meeting:Board (2026-01-20) | |
| 2026-01-20 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted by the Board. | Passed | Elliott, Kassi | Meeting:Board (2026-01-20) | |
| 2025-05-20 | That the minutes of the 18 March 2025 meeting be accepted | approved | Kassi Hays, Peter Neish | Meeting:Board (2025-05-20) | |
| 2025-05-20 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted by the Board. | Passed | Jeremy Ludlow, Elliott Bledsoe | Meeting:Board (2025-05-20) | In favour - Kassi Hays, Shravan Rao |
| 2025-05-20 | That the Board approve the awarding of two Wikimania 2025 Scholarships at AUD $5,000 each, with two further applicants placed on a waitlist. The successful scholars are User:Bahnfrend and User:Ethmostigmus. | The award of the Wikimania 2025 Scholarships to Jeremy Ludlow and Natasha Dreis were accepted. | Elliott Bledsoe, Emily Mierisch | Meeting:Board (2025-05-20) | in favour - Kassi Hays; against - none; abstain - Jeremy Ludlow, Peter Neish, Shravan Rao |
| 2025-05-20 | That Wikimedia Australia approve additional funding support to the value of up $3,500 for a 2025 Wikimania scholarship recipient to enable a carer to accompany her for travel and accommodation purposes, on grounds of diversity, equity and inclusion. | The awarding of additional funding for the Wikimania 2025 Scholarships to User:Ethmostigmus were accepted. | Elliott Bledsoe, Peter Neish | Meeting:Board (2025-05-20) | In favour - Emily Mierisch; against - none; abstain - Jeremy Ludlow |
| 2025-04-15 | That the minutes of the 18 March 2025 meeting be accepted | approved | Peter, Shravan | Meeting:Board (2025-04-15) | |
| 2025-04-15 | That the Treasurer’s Report be accepted. | approved | Peter, Jeremy | Meeting:Board (2025-04-15) | |
| 2025-04-15 | approved | Kassi, Emily | Meeting:Board (2025-04-15) | ||
| 2025-04-15 | Hold as vacant positions for the time being unless a distinct candidate is available. | approved | Jeremy, Emily | Meeting:Board (2025-04-15) | |
| 2025-04-15 | approved | Jeremy, Kassi | Meeting:Board (2025-04-15) | ||
| 2025-04-15 | approved | Elliott, Kassi | Meeting:Board (2025-04-15) | ||
| 2025-04-15 | That the WMAU Board approves the ICIP and IDSov Protocol project with Terri Janke and Company. Include in discussions with Terri Janke and Company ways to 'future-proof' and where applicable consider other wiki-projects. The WMAU Board supports adjustments of our triennial WMAU grant funding application to include the costs of the ICIP and IDSov Protocol project from Terri Janke and Company, as well as additional specific funding for WMAU to support and provide adequate services to facilitate the ICIP and IDSov Protocol project. . | approved | Elliott, Shravan | Meeting:Board (2025-04-15) | |
| 2025-03-18 | That the minutes of the 18 February 2025 meeting be accepted | Meeting:Board (2025-03-18) | |||
| 2025-03-18 | That the Treasurer’s Report be accepted. | approved | Peter, Emily | Meeting:Board (2025-03-18) | |
| 2025-03-18 | deferred for now. Board members will have until 1 April 2025 to provide feedback and comments. | deferred | Elliott, Emily | Meeting:Board (2025-03-18) | |
| 2025-03-18 | That the WMAU Board approves the Strategic Planning documents and accompanying Budget and supports an application to the WMF for triennial grant funding. . | approved | Elliott, Peter | Meeting:Board (2025-03-18) | |
| 2025-02-18 | That the minutes of the 16 December 2024 meeting be accepted | Meeting:Board (2025-02-18) | |||
| 2025-02-18 | That the Treasurer’s Report be accepted. | approved | Peter, Elliott | Meeting:Board (2025-02-18) | |
| 2024-12-16 | That the minutes of the 21 October 2024 meeting be accepted | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | |||
| 2024-12-16 | That the Treasurer’s Report be accepted. | approved | Peter, Elliott | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | |
| 2024-12-16 | That the Wikimedia Australia Board renews the WMAU Safe Space Policy for one year with no changes to its current content or provisions. | approved | Elliott, Bunty | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | |
| 2024-12-16 | That the Wikimedia Australia Board supports the funding for the development of a WikiCommons course by James Gaunt, to be hosted on Wiki. Learn LMS platform. | approved | Jeremy, Elliott | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | |
| 2024-12-16 | That WMAU Board approves the motion to offer branded domain name email addresses to members. | approved | Elliott, Kassi | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | |
| 2024-12-16 | That WMAU Board approves the motion to formalise the policy and decision-making rubric. | approved | Bunty, Shravan | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | |
| 2024-12-16 | That WMAU Board approves the motion in principle, in accordance with the points raised. | approved | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | ||
| 2024-12-16 | That WMAU Board approves funding up to $7,000 to cover flights, transit, accommodation, per diem payments for Belinda Spry and Elliott Bledsoe to attend RightsCon in-person in Taipei, Taiwan from Monday 24 to Thursday 27 February 2025. | approved | Bunty, Peter | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | |
| 2024-12-16 | That WMAU Board approves funding up to 1,000 for grief support services if needed/requested by any member of staff, the Board or our community. | approved | Elliott, Bunty | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | |
| 2024-12-16 | That WMAU Board approves funding up to $2,200 to cover flights, accommodation, per diem payments for Belinda Spry and Elliott Bledsoe to attend the Parliamentary Friends of GLAM event and the GLAM Peak meeting in Canberra from Tuesday 26 to Wednesday 27 November 2024. | approved | Tom, Peter | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | |
| 2024-12-16 | That WMAU Board approves the motion, in accordance with the points raised below. | approved | Shravan, Peter | Meeting:Board (2024-12-16) | |
| 2024-10-21 | That the minutes of the 26 August 2024 meeting be accepted | approved | Bunty, Peter | Meeting:Board (2024-10-21) | |
| 2024-10-21 | That the two members are accepted. Seek further information from one of the potential members. | approved | Elliott, Shravan | Meeting:Board (2024-10-21) | |
| 2024-10-21 | That the Treasurer’s Report be accepted. | approved | Peter, Bunty | Meeting:Board (2024-10-21) | |
| 2024-10-21 | That the changes to the banking signatories and financial roles are accepted and approved. | approved | Peter, Tom | Meeting:Board (2024-10-21) | |
| 2024-10-21 | That WMAU Board approves grant funding to each of the three Partner Projects listed, providing each with $10,000 and not exceeding total grant expenditure of $30,000. | approved | Bunty, Peter | Meeting:Board (2024-10-21) | |
| 2024-10-21 | That the WMAU Board approves the proposal to facilitate an edit-a-thon at the ABC-ANZFORS conference on 1 December 2024, with a budget of $1000 to cover travel, accommodation and per diem costs for one WMAU staff member | approved | Jeremy, Elliott | Meeting:Board (2024-10-21) | |
| 2022-11-28 | approved | Alex, Pru | Meeting:Committee (2022-11-28) | ||
| 2022-11-28 | That WMAU Office closes over Christmas/New Year break with 3 days additional leave provided as shut down. | accepted | Pru, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2022-11-28) | |
| 2022-11-28 | That the Treasurer’s Report be accepted. | accepted | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-11-28) | |
| 2022-10-17 | That the minutes of the 19 September 2022 meeting be accepted. | approved | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-10-17) | |
| 2022-10-17 | That Wikimedia Australia funds $3,000 towards the Friday venue and catering costs for the WoW Conference Australia Day. | accepted | Amanda, Pru | Meeting:Committee (2022-10-17) | ACTION: Bunty to send through an invoice. |
| 2022-10-17 | That WMAU support an edit-a-thon and panel about women in STEM being run in October by the University of New South Wales (UNSW) to the amount of $400 for catering costs. | approved | Alex, Pru | Meeting:Committee (2022-10-17) | Approved by email. |
| 2022-10-17 | That Wikimedia Australia confirms the following administrators of the Association’s bank accounts:
|
accepted | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-10-17) | |
| 2022-10-17 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted. | accepted | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-10-17) | |
| 2022-09-19 | That the minutes of the 15 August 2022 meeting be accepted. | accepted | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-09-19) | |
| 2022-09-19 | Ratify the report of the recruitment subcommittee as sent in email of Mon 12 Sep. | full meeting | Bunty, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-09-19) | |
| 2022-09-19 | accepted | Amanda, Pru | Meeting:Committee (2022-09-19) | ||
| 2022-09-19 | Approved | Amanda, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-09-19) | ||
| 2022-09-19 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted. | accepted | Tom, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-09-19) | |
| 2022-08-15 | That the minutes of the previous meeting be accepted. | Approved | Pru, Bunty | Meeting:Committee (2022-08-15) | |
| 2022-08-15 | That the role of Executive Officer be advertised from this week. Some paid advertising may be required up to an expenditure of $1000. | Approved | Alex, Pru | Meeting:Committee (2022-08-15) | |
| 2022-08-15 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted | Approved | Pru, Kelly | Meeting:Committee (2022-08-15) | |
| 2022-07-18 | accepted. | Amanda, Pru | Meeting:Committee (2022-07-18) | ||
| 2022-07-18 | Accepted: Amanda Lawrence, Sam Wilson, Paige Wright | Pru Mitchell, Treasurer, Alex Lum, President | Meeting:Committee (2022-07-18) | ||
| 2022-07-18 | Approved | Alex, Paige | Meeting:Committee (2022-07-18) | ||
| 2022-07-18 | Approved | Tom, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-07-18) | ||
| 2022-07-18 | Approved | Tom, Paige | Meeting:Committee (2022-07-18) | ||
| 2022-07-18 | Approve Australian travel scholarships | Amanda, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2022-07-18) | ||
| 2022-07-18 | Approved | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-07-18) | ||
| 2022-07-18 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted | Tom, Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-07-18) | ||
| 2022-06-20 | Funding provided to Jumbunna for ATSILIRN Protocol 5: Description and Access as per proposal document | Passed | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-06-20) | |
| 2022-06-20 | Position to be advertised and filled as above | Approved | Amanda, Pru | Meeting:Committee (2022-06-20) | |
| 2022-06-20 | order 500 Citation Needed stickers | Approved | Pru, Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-06-20) | |
| 2022-06-20 | WMAU approve up to $50 for catering for City of Sydney edit-a-thon | approved | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-06-20) | |
| 2022-06-20 | Approved
|
Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-06-20) | ||
| 2022-06-20 | Accepted: Amanda Lawrence, Sam Wilson, Paige Wright | Pru Mitchell, Treasurer, Alex Lum, President | Meeting:Committee (2022-06-20) | ||
| 2022-06-20 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted. | Amanda, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-06-20) | ||
| 2022-05-16 | Approved with details to be worked out via subcommittee. | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-05-16) | ||
| 2022-05-16 | WMAU executive to sign off on final wording | Approved | Alex, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2022-05-16) | |
| 2022-05-16 | Approved | Amanda, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2022-05-16) | ||
| 2022-05-16 | Wikimedia Australia agrees to be a partner for the University of Sydney WOW2022 conference | Approved | Alex, Pru | Meeting:Committee (2022-05-16) | |
| 2022-05-16 | Approved | Pru, Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-05-16) | ||
| 2022-05-16 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted. | Pru, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2022-05-16) | ||
| 2022-04-18 | In principle agreement to hire people as employees where appropriate using a third party payroll management organisation. | Approved | Pru, Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-04-18) | |
| 2022-04-18 | That WMAU nominate the President to attend the Summit 2022 and Executive Officer if additional place is available and supported by WMF | Accepted | Pru, Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-04-18) | |
| 2022-04-18 | Approved
|
Pru, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2022-04-18) | ||
| 2022-03-21 | Strategic Plan 2022-2025 ratification | Passed | Alex, Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-03-21) | |
| 2022-03-21 | Extension of Wikidata Fellowship | Approved | Alex, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2022-03-21) | Moved by email, supported by Tom and Amanda |
| 2022-03-21 | Approved | Alex, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2022-03-21) | ||
| 2022-03-21 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted. | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2022-03-21) | ||
| 2022-02-21 | Approved | Pru (via email), Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-02-21) | ||
| 2022-02-21 | That WMAU should appoint Maia Williams for Census Tool project | Approved | Alex, Bunty | Meeting:Committee (2022-02-21) | |
| 2022-02-21 | That WMAU should take on the freopedia.org domain name and set it up as a redirect to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiTown/Freopedia | passed (via email) | Pru (via email), Alex (via email) | Meeting:Committee (2022-02-21) | The cost will be about $28/year, and we’ll register it with our domain registrar Domain Central. |
| 2022-02-21 | To approve the appointment of James Gaunt as Wikimedia Australia’s Australian Music Wikipedian in Residence at the Australian Music Vault to a cost of $7,000. | Approved | Alex, Paige | Meeting:Committee (2022-02-21) | |
| 2022-02-21 | Approved | Alex, Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-02-21) | ||
| 2022-02-21 | Approved
|
Alex, Paige | Meeting:Committee (2022-02-21) | ||
| 2022-02-21 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted. | Alex, Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-02-21) | ||
| 2022-01-17 | approved | Pru, Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-01-17) | ||
| 2022-01-17 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted. | Alex, Amanda | Meeting:Committee (2022-01-17) | ||
| 2021-12-20 | Quote process and expenditure approved | Moved without dissent | Alex, Pru | Meeting:Committee (2021-12-20) | |
| 2021-12-20 | That WMAU supports the 1Lib1Ref program as outlined providing Executive Officer support for administration and promotion with facilitation shared between organising team. | Moved without dissent | Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2021-12-20) | |
| 2021-12-20 | That WMAU accept the Facilitators’ Policy as tabled | Moved without dissent | Tom, Pru | Meeting:Committee (2021-12-20) | EO will publish the policy and establish the current facilitator register. |
| 2021-12-20 | Approved
|
Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2021-12-20) | ||
| 2021-12-20 | That the Treasurer’s report be accepted. | Tom, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2021-12-20) | ||
| 2021-11-15 | The committee supports this program in principle | Approved | Alex, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2021-11-15) | Maybe move dates to university semester 1, perhaps after Australia Day |
| 2021-11-15 | Approved
|
Pru, Alex | Meeting:Committee (2021-11-15) | ||
| 2021-11-15 | The committee supports the above financial payments | Approved | Alex, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2021-11-15) | |
| 2021-11-15 | That James Gaunt be admitted as a complementary member of WMAU as facilitator of the music project. | Approved | Pru, Tom | Meeting:Committee (2021-11-15) | |
| 2021-05-17 | Cancel 11 August community meeting due to Wikimania. | Approved | Canley, samwilson | Meeting:Committee (2021-05-17) | Wikimania begins on 13 August. |
| 2021-05-17 | The WMAU Zoom account details with be shared with approved facilitators. | Approved | AmandaSLawrence, Canley | Meeting:Committee (2021-05-17) | Caddie to work on facilitators document and present at next meeting |