Meeting:Committee (2016-07-17)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wikimedia australia logo.svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES
Sunday 17 July 2016, 19:00 AEST

Meeting opened at 19:05

Introduction

Attendance

  • Present: Gideon (chair), Pru, Andrew, Robert, Tom
  • Apologies: Steve
  • Absent: Charles

Previous minutes

23 May 2016 - requested changes to minutes deferred till all parties involved are present at meeting.

Motion
The minutes of the 23 May meeting as amended be accepted:
  • Moved: Pru
  • Second: Tom
  • Carried without dissent.
Motion
The minutes of the 3 July meeting be accepted:
  • Moved: Tom
  • Second: Pru
  • Carried without dissent.

Business arising

  • Gideon has contacted and made a time to meet local Bendigo Bank manager in person and will report.

Reports

Membership

  • Membership report
    • 28 paid members
    • 26 outstanding membership invoices of which 24 are overdue (30 June 2016)
    • An issue with the instructions has been corrected to include sending the invoices for new members
    • ACTION: Pru and Andrew to find out how previous overseas invoices have been processed regarding no GST

Financial

$44710.22 in funds across our three accounts, including $43958.14 in the main account. Significant expenses were the face to face flights, and Darwin related expenses. Approximately $1400 is awaiting payment (including Gillian's partial scholarship), and $2,200 of additional budgeted expenses are pending (prizes for WLE, Sam's partial scholarship).

Andrew advised that he had finally sorted out the Auskey required for lodging Australian Tax Office BAS lost in transfer of office bearers, after an hour of calls to the ATO.

ACTION: Andrew to add the process to the instructions for handover

Andrew has been dealing with the Queensland regulator and requested a motion to resolve a historic issue that had arisen.

MOTION

Wikimedia Australia notes:

  • That it no longer requires authority to fundraise in the State of Queensland.
  • That it has not fundraised in Queensland since 1 January 2011, and that its only fundraising effort, held in November 2010, was the subject of an audited return.

Wikimedia Australia moves:

  • To cancel its registration for fundraising in Queensland effective immediately.
  • To request that the Treasurer obtain a statutory declaration containing these facts, and that the certificate of registration is presumed lost or destroyed.
Moved: Andrew
Seconded: Gideon
Support: Pru, Tom, Robert

ACTION: Andrew to complete this

Correspondence

  • Various correspondence noted
  • documentary placement request - meeting worded a response to it. ACTION: Gideon to respond
  • ALIA West, WP to Moon 2 Aug - Scheduled for Tuesday 2 August, 2016 at ECU. Content not directly related to Wikipedia to the Moon but will be science-related


General Business

  • AGM : Andrew submitted SGM changes to CAV. ACTION: Andrew to check confirmation and change rules on public wiki
  • Linux 2017 - Call for program proposals close 5 August 2016 https://linux.conf.au/proposals/ - Suggest we offer a legal focus,around US copyright and Creative Commons. Note January timeline from 16 Jan - could be an issue for a tour.
  • ACTION: Pru and Gideon to work with Charles on this
  • WLE - Gideon presented a report.
    • ACTION: Andrew and Gideon to organise $100 Westpac preloaded card for winners
    • ACTION: Gideon to organising printing of winning photograph
    • ACTION: Certificate design - Robert to draft and send around

It was agreed to provide gifts for the judges up to $50

  • NT - further activity and public report (Robert: My report will be published on Comm Wiki during the week, been busy for the past week, NT News article sent via email to Comm). ACTION: Post article to GLAM WIKI news - due 7 August 2016
  • 2017 plan circulated.
  • Rio Accreditation Update - Received an email from Sascha on 12th July that the accreditation is being mailed via registered post. No action from the WMAU.

Next meeting: Monday 31 June 2016, 19:00 AEST Meeting closed: 20:22 AEST