Meeting:Committee (2018-09-03)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to: navigation, search


Committee meeting

3 September 2018

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Committee) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).

Open

  • Date: Monday 3 September (deferred from Monday 20 August 2018 due to lack of quorum)
  • Time / time zone: 4.00pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6.00pm VIC/NSW
  • Meeting channel: Skype
  • Attendees: Pru Robert Gideon Sam Tom Caddie
  • Apologies:

Previous meeting

Previous meeting: Meeting:Committee (2018-08-05)

Business arising and actions

AGM

  • Date timetable Sun 7 or Mon 8 October
  • Time (note daylight saving) AGM Monday 8 October 2018 4.00pm WA/ 5.30pm NT / 6.00pm QLD/ 6.30pm SA / 7.00pm ACT, TAS, VIC and NSW
  • Moved Pru Sam second
  • Timeline to the AGM for noting

3/09/2018 -35 Software for the election at the AGM must be published. 8/09/2018 -30 All resolutions, including rule changes, must be proposed, seconded and published according to the wmau:Proposals policy. 9/09/2018 -29 Electronic AGM notice to be sent to members@wikimedia.org.au, with members to acknowledge receipt by email to secretary@wikimedia.org.au 10/09/2018 -28 Prepaid post AGM notice to be sent to all currently financial members that have not electronically acknowledged receipt 14/09/2018 -24 Membership database is closed until the AGM has concluded. 22/09/2018 -16 Nominations open 27/09/2018 -11 Nominations close 29/09/2018 -9 Election opens 6/10/2018 -2 Election closes 7/10/2018 -1 IRC nicknames to be published on the Wiki. Proxy forms to be submitted to the Secretary 8/10/2018 0 AGM 9/10/2018 1 Membership database is opened

APG

  • Insurance - to be dealt with by Pru (Robert has pdf)
  • Grant Report format and pages in CommWiki & information from Michael B on configuration of comm.wiki (Sam and Tom)
  • Pru - Michael check
  • Wikimania 2017 report public version (Tom)
  • ESEAP conference 2018 reports (Robert & Tom) https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/User:Robert/ESEAP2018 - to complete

REPORTS

President's report

WMF governance survey Resource center https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Resource_Center Planning 2018-19 https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/2018_Annual_Plan Metrics Strategic planning with Asaf, 9 - 11 November 2018 in Melbourne ACTION: Update WMAU Safe Spaces Policy - working with children requirements - to do

Secretary's report

PROCEDURE: WMAU Committee Minutes will be copied from Google Doc to comm wiki AND to public wiki following their ratification at the next committee meeting. remove comm.wiki and google doc links before making public ACTION: Secretary Action: Update procedures re changing committee in light of new CAV policy https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Committee_members_handbook Policies to draft Explanation of email motions to comm wiki (Tom) Leave of absence - missing meetings - policy and process Records management processes and backups - (Tom, Sam, Pru) Communicating major events and notices to membership and community Inward correspondence and documentation of outcomes https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Incoming_mail Partnerships and related organisations, reciprocal membership Recovering parts of rules and regs from some years ago https://wikimedia.org.au/w/index.php?title=Rules&action=history ACTION: Steve, Gideon and Caddie to review these and knock over any that are quick wins

Correspondence report

ARM Conference workshop numbers low ACTION: Gideon to check booth arrangements for ASA conference

Treasurer's report

Account balances: PayPal: $243.56, Westpac acc: $62,216.63, Westpac CC: $273.79 Income: $850 ATO BAS refund, $0.88 Anon donation, $5.26 Westpac Interest, $10 donation, $150 donation Expenses: $212.67 Robert Wikimania expenses APG tracking: July: $50 (Xero), $28.08 (Linode); August: $50 (Xero), $27.84 (Linode) Transfers: $412.49 (PayPal to Westpac), $260 (Westpac acc to cc)

ACTION: Remove the names of previous account holders from Wikimedia Australia, Inc Westpac account - ongoing ACTION: Organise additional card with Westpac - ongoing ISSUE: Another recurrence of the Paypal being used to test stolen credit cards. Involves refunding. May need to shut down the Paypal account. - ongoing, has been at least four more “1 cent” donations in a single day in late August. Our AON insurance is now due, per the bill I’ve setup last year in Xero! Cost is approx. $900.

Membership report

There are 8 outstanding renewals as at today; 1 new membership (14 Aug) and 1 renewal (8 Aug) Membership recruitment strategies postcards - with Wiki Loves Earth photos - price with other providers (500 cards) $1000 ACTION: Pru to draft Vistaprint Membership form draft: ACTION: Pru to start email conversation

Communications report (Caddie)

Newsletter August 2018 https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Publications#Newsletters (Redacted) ACTION: As soon as event registration links are live, newsletter should go out. This month in GLAM https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Newsletter/Newsroom due 8 September Action - Investigate state based - send info out organisations in the GLAM peak stakeholders - investigate further, e.g. Local history societies in Wikidata: http://tinyurl.com/yace79ym

Technical report (Sam)

Phabricator board https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/wikimedia_australia/ current tasks:

Other discussion:

  • Indicating reported events
    • Arrow green.svg Action: Email conversation
  • WordPress comment spam - Being received from the blog. Sam’s turned off comments on all posts.
    • Arrow green.svg Action: Sam will close blog now and set up redirects. Being tracked in phab:T185880.
  • Discussion on where to keep the committee archive files. Google Team drive quota of 30GB. Prefer to use commwiki file storage. phab:T189178

AGENDA

Local activities

WA: Meetup on mapping Australian roads WA - planning for Andy Visit and also other WA activities WA - preparations for background on OZ music issues WA - preparations for Australian biota project VIC: Edit-a-thon Uni Melbourne Friday 31 August NSW: Possible meetup in Sydney within the next three weeks, to open a discussion on EN Wiki. Will advise comm for publishing on social media. (Robert) Advertise a meetup for Andy’s visit ACT: ANU edit-a-thon QLD:

National activities

2018 WikiTour Spreadsheet (Redacted) ACTION: Wikimania materials: A4 handouts, stickers ACTION: Robert to get a quote on Wikidata stickers (cheapest on VistaPrint, design on VP done) GLAM Peak 2018 follow up ACTION: Reports https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Activity_reports ACTION: Record prospects and activities on comm TROVE Consultative Group (Pru) - categorisation card sort link

Global activities

ESEAP 2019 (Gideon) Still getting quotes Wiki Loves Earth (Gideon)

Communications

$100 x 10 winners - 1 previous year winner with 2 Have contacted winners and have email address and physical address except for 2 winners ACTION: Pru to organise prizes ACTION: Feature the photos over the next few weeks on social media ACTION: Consider mapping the winners - send the newsletter to the media outlets Proposed Chairs meeting (Pru) Waiting to see the date in November

OTHER BUSINESS

Robert Accommodation - Andy week (approx. $477), comm approval required Moved: Pru Seconded: Caddie Tom Accommodation - Andy week ($50 per night), comm approval not required - as per travel policy https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Travel_policy MOTION: That WMAU change the travel policy for homestay at a rate of $50per night (an increase from $30 per night) Moved: Sam Seconded: Robert Abstained: Pru & Tom Passed

Close

Meeting closed: 5.45pm / 7.45 pm Next meeting: Monday 17 September 2018