Meeting:Committee (2019-09-16)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Committee meeting

16 September 2019

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Committee) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).

WMAU 2017 vertical logo (colour).svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES

Introduction

Date: Monday 16 September 2019
Time / time zone: 5pm WA / 6.30pm NT / 7pm AEST
Meeting channel: BigBlueButton https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net

Attendance

Attendees: Pru, Matt, Robert, Sam, Steve, Caddie (left at 8:09pm AEST)
Apologies: Alex, Jacinta

Previous minutes

Minutes of previous meetings:

https://comm.wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Meeting:Committee_(2019-07-22)

  • That the minutes of the 22 July 2019 meeting be accepted.
Moved: Steven
Seconded: Caddie

Passed without dissent

  • AGM Draft Minutes for review

https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/Meeting:2019_AGM/Minutes

Pru asked the committee to the review the minutes from the AGM for any issues or anything missed

Business arising and actions

Draft survey ACTION ITEM
Survey Drafts still under discussion - REFER TO NEXT COMMITTEE Pru and Steve to draft and send to committee before end of Sep
ACTION ITEM
Know My Name meeting: Pru and Steve and Caddie to talk about next steps - Progressing, will be a national edit-a-thon during the next International Womens Day.
ACTION ITEM
Gideon: follow up legally drafted template for organisational partnerships - Matt with be happy to work on it with someone who has been around the movement longer. Matt to contact Gideon to follow up.
ACTION ITEM
Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships.
ACTION ITEM
Partnerships page: Add start & finish dates and review dates. Create table for inclusion of dates
Robert
ESEAP Strategy reports on return from Bangkok - Report from Jeremy expected as well (Ongoing, have been dealing with other issues) - Use the Community meeting to report to members of the community
ACTION ITEM
Pru to Contact Paralympics Australia and explain our situation. Photojournalist role
ACTION ITEM
Respond to Kerry about Julia Gillard ambassador - DONE verbally
Gideon
Record and documentation of WOW, and WMAU conferences, processes and publication - pending

https://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/2019_Wikimedia_Australia_Community_Conference

Pru, Tom, Steve to setup letter of thanks to presenters and hosts for WOW and WMAU conferences and check with committee before sending - Robert to send, Pru to contact
Sam discussing about the current events calendar on WMAU not the best, highlighting the new events into the Wikimedia space (no login to view but login needed to add events) https://discuss-space.wmflabs.org/c/events/l/calendar
Pru and Caddie raised issues with the current events calendar not allowing new events to be added or displayed on the WMAU home page. This is now fixed (during the meeting) and Caddie will talk to Sam about any remaining dramas.
ACTION ITEM
Tom to finalise draft congratulations letter to Thailand and South Korea and present draft to comm - (Robert to email Tom to see if he as a copy of the draft)
ACTION
Tom to check list of policies before the end of this committee duration - (Robert to email Tom)
ACTION
Gideon and Steve to source and review past training material for up to date and relevance - ongoing. Keep on the agenda
ACTION ITEM
Sam to investigate backups procedure for wikis including possibility of more regular auto backups to Google Drive in addition to current backup procedure - report next meeting.
ACTION ITEM
Robert; Password management - (see Secretary’s report)

Agenda

2019-20 Simple APG

Budget sheet: (link redacted)

Reports

President's report

  • Meetings with Know My Name
  • No executive meeting held due to availability issues

Secretary's report

  • Removed former committee members and added new committee members in CAV and ACNC
  • New debit credit card received from Westpac
  • Password management, recommend 1password but how many accounts do we need, which means who should have access to it? - $3.99 per month person for a team account ($20 for five people) or $4.99 for a families account which has a maximum five accounts. - Robert to report offline the costings
  • Complete handover with Tom, not yet completed. I do recommend that Tom continues with Strategy and ESEAP, rather then having a sudden change.

Treasurer's report

  • Current Account balances as of 16 September 2019: Westpac: $72,215.75 CC: $83.46 PayPal: $496.38
  • Income: ATO: $ , $ renewals, $ in donations, $ in interest
  • Expenses: Insurance $

Previous treasurer note: ATO Access. I can add people to the ATO Relationship Authorisation Manager as a rep. You require a MyGovID (https://www.mygovid.gov.au/) for access. I would require the full legal name to be able to add people.

Note from Steve - this has been done, I now have access

Membership report

Renewals received: = 1 (received after the membership list closed for the AGM) , Joining: =

Communications report

Newsletter (link redacted)

Look at something like MailChimp or email list to send emails to send to anyone who has attended meeting, meetups, edit-a-thons ect, not just to members of WMAU.

Correspondence

  • (2019-08-06) Letter from Westpac regarding signatory changes - No action required
  • (2019-08-08) Email from UNSW about the Women in Science edit-a-thon - Robert replied
  • (2019-08-26) Letter from Westpac regarding Debit Credit Card - No action required
  • (2019-09-11) Email from WMAU member regarding copyright - Robert to reply
  • (2019-09-16) Email from Ross Mallet requesting that his WMAU email be reactivated and forwarded to supplied email address - Committee approves, Robert to send the details to Sam.

Technical report

Current open issues in the WMAU project:

  • T231414 Wiki Club West and other Wiki Clubs in Australia context and locations of activity within domain of Wikimedia Australia
  • T231410 Clarification of regions of Western Australia maps for identification of regions for scope of usage by Wiki Club West
  • T231409 Create map of all past meetups of WikiClubWest
  • T210363 Remove spam from noongarwp wiki
  • T210050 Page titles are being double-encoded
  • T209019 qrpedia.org and qrwp.org are down
  • T199606 Create system to track event data
  • T189178 Remove unused email accounts
  • T185976 Upload dump of public wiki to Internet Archive

Activities

Local activities

  • ACT
  • QLD - Griffith University course Upload party, Wed 16 Oct 14:00 to 17:00
  • NSW - Women in Science edit-a-thon at UNSW, Wed 18 Sep 6:00 – 8:00 PM
  • NT - Alice Springs library 2 events
  • SA - Flinders Uni Semester 2
  • TAS
  • VIC - Wikicite workshop RMIT, Wed 9 Oct 9:00am -12.30pm Leigh Blackall
  • WA - new fortnightly meetup: "WikiClubWest at Riff": https://discuss-space.wmflabs.org/t/wikiclubwest-at-riff/1251 (free venue and promotion provided by Spacecubed coworking space)

National activities

Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_from_Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2019_in_Australia

Global activities

  • Wikimania 2020 -
  • WikiCite ANZ

Other business

Proposal policy issues - Future Agenda
Robert reimbursement for flights to Sydney (UNSW meeting) - done

Meeting closed

  • Meeting closed: 8:18pm AEST
  • Next Committee meeting: In-person: Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 October 2019 in Melbourne
  • Next Community meeting: Monday 30 September 2019
Topics
Wikimedia Space (Sam), KnowMyName (Caddie), Wikimania (Robert, Jeremy, Ingrid) - TBC

Agenda items