Meeting:Committee (2020-03-03)

Committee (2020-03-03)
Normal monthly Committee meeting. Committee members and observers only.

Region: National
Location: Online

Share link: – or download calendar item (.ics)


Committee meeting

3 March 2020

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Board) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).

Meeting channel: BigBlueButton


Date: Tuesday 3 March 2020
Time / time zone: 4pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6pm QLD / 7pm AEDT
Meeting channel:


Attendees: Pru (chair), Alex, Jacinta, Sam, Robert, Matt, Caddie (7.30pm)
Apologies: Steve.

Previous minutes

Minutes of previous meeting:

  • That the minutes of the 3 February 2020 meeting be accepted.
Moved: Alex.
Seconded: Robert.
Passed. Had already been copied to the public wiki.

Business arising and actions

ACTIONS - dealt with under appropriate reports below



President's report

Survey - review members’ responses - recommend merging questions *link redacted*
Pru to follow up with banner ad -
Partnerships - legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page
:Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting
ACTION: Caddie to discuss partnership endorsement with Franklin Women.
For future partnerships: good to insist on WMAU being mentioned as a supporter/partner.
Emails to be copied to commwiki.
Midterm report: Metrics are done. Awaiting financial report

Currently over 50% done. Financial report not yet available (will show that we’ve underspent; more claims still to come). Need more reporting of events, linking to criteria from the annual plan. We’ve had an extension to the end of March, but should be done by the end of the week.
Learning pattern: WMAU Community Meeting, new for first half of this year.
Program story: regular newsletter.
Lodged ACNC report on behalf of Secretary. Same information as from the AGM.
Tracking reasonably well governance-wise, but we have room to improve.

Secretary's report

Further investigate and identify accounts that require a common password - Ongoing To do:

Publish minutes to the public wiki - Committee meeting minutes done
No minutes or recordings yet from Community meetings. Need to get list of attendees during the meeting, as it’s lost after.


New wiki page to track all received and sent emails, to help us avoid not responding.

Investigate Volunteer personal accident insurance - discuss at future meeting,-community-and-nfp-groups/volunteer-personal-accident
Centenary Institute - Matt to contact

Treasurer's report

Profit & Loss Statement since last meeting: Net change:

  • Current Account balances as of 3 March 2020: Westpac: $ CC: $ PayPal: $
  • Income: ATO: $0 , $0 renewals, $ in donations, $ in interest.
  • Expenses:
  • Financial actions from previous meeting, signatories
ACTION Financial
Pru, Steve and Alex
  • (2019-10-16) WMF Grants Admin $102.11 AUD to return from 2018-19 Simple APG

Robert and Pru work out how to wire funds back $102.11 AUD

Membership report

Joining: = 1 Bunty

Communications report

Newsletter *link redacted*

Due date for content:
Publish date:
Social media
Facebook Steve to do weekly
Twitter Steve to do weekly
Post an Australian article regularly
Promoting WMAU Grants - in newsletter

Technical report

  • Revisit number of requests for access to the WMAU Wiki received
  • Events calendar: issue fixed


Local activities

  • ACT: NGA KnowMyName March - oversubscribed
  • QLD: #1Lib1Ref in January at SLQ (Jacinta);

Public libraries in QLD using open data from

Alex has responded to Rachel. Considering unique identifier for libraries

Dashboard: Art+Feminism venue: GoMA, Louise, Jacinta & Kerry Coordinator - Registration - Not WMAU, Thanks - Jacinta

  • NSW: KnowMyName: Coordinators: Mylee & Bunty - 34 registered Robert attending photographer - Eventbrite - Mylee,
  • NT: Art+Feminism Araluen Art Centre, Alice Springs - WMAU
  • SA: - not happening, due to Mad March
  • TAS: Alysia & Alex coordinator, request application - Eventbrite UTAS
  • VIC: Caroline, Charity, Pru - Eventbrite NGV
  • WA: Gideon & Ingrid - Eventbrite WMAU

Email to facilitators - share their Twitter, mobile number, nominate a photographer per venue, 2 or 3 sentence summing up towards the end of the event. Sticky notes? Put it on their user page? Depth of engagement, focussed. New to community? Face group - retention. Capacity building of women. Impact of this content on community knowledge Post-event survey Post-press release: 1-2 pages, Feminist publications - Matt assist. Post-thanks to venues, facilitators etc Contingency communication, eg public health:

That WMAU approve in principle reimbursement of travel costs for 2020 KnowMyName/Art+Feminism campaign presenters up to a total $2,000 according to WMAU travel policy coordinated by Caddie.

Move: Pru Second: Robert Moved without dissent

  • VIC: Coordinators, Caroline & Juliette Art+Feminism
  • WA: Art+Feminism Facilitators: Gideon & Ingrid. Venue: LWAG
Robert will coordinate 4G hubs and can send to WA if required

National activities

  • Wiki Loves Science

Uploads: MOTION: That WMAU funds prizes of $50 giftcards to the top 6 placegetters in Wiki Science 2019. Moved: Robert Second: Alex Moved without dissent

  • Wed 19 February 2020 Community Meeting Global Strategy Recommendations discussion
ACTION Alex to lead discussion global strategy

Light-weight post-event survey: What did you enjoy? What could we do differently? What was the biggest takeaway for you? (Story of positive impact on Australia) Capture bigger picture

  • Art+Feminism & Know My Name, 7-8 March 2020: Caddie

See above

Global activities

  • Wikimedia Summit: Alex
Cancelled due to COVID-19
Moving to be an online based Summit during the same time the F2F Summit would have been held
  • Wikimania 2020
Planning continues
Process for determining scholarship applications for Wikimania 2020 with process defined by the end of January, with a call for expressions of interest soon after. *link redacted*,


  • Notes from December Community Meeting

ACTION: Pru to make a report from the recording and post on the wiki. Wiki Loves Monuments 2019

Finalise prizewinners and reimbursement

Meeting closed

Closed: Formal meeting finished

  • Next Community meeting: Wed 18 March 7pm EDST
  • Next Committee meeting: Tues 24 March 7pm EDST
Tues 24 March
Tue 21 April
Tue 19 May
Tue 16 June
Tue 14 July


Discuss this page