Meeting:Committee (2019-12-09)

From Wikimedia Australia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
National
Meeting:Committee (2019-11-11), 11 November 2019 →


Event
to (National)
Committee (2019-12-09)

Location: Online

Share link:

Normal monthly Committee meeting. Committee members and observers only.


Committee meeting

9 December 2019

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Committee) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).


Introduction

Attendance

Previous minutes

Minutes of previous meeting: Meeting:Committee (2019-11-11).

Alex moved that the minutes of the 11 November 2019 meeting be accepted. Seconded by Matt. Passed unanimously.

Arrow green.svg Action: Robert to publish minutes as approved.

Business arising and actions

ACTIONS - dealt with under appropriate reports below

Agenda

Reports

President's report

Survey Drafts - review members’ responses
ACTION
Pru to follow up with banner ad - to be continued
Partnerships - legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page
Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting

Secretary's report

ACTION
Robert, Pru & Steven discuss Password management, recommend 1password but how many accounts do we need, which means who should have access to it?

Cost is an issue. It seems quite expensive for sharing passwords between users. $4/month per user. What is our risk profile? What other solutions are there? -Twitter -Mailman (can be overridden by WMF admin)

ACTION
Further investigate and identify accounts that require a common password

Correspondence

ACTION
Alex to back up Secretary unanswered correspondence, Pru to back up Treasurer and membership

Treasurer's report

Profit & Loss Statement since last meeting: Net change:

  • Current Account balances as of 8 December 2019: Westpac: $ CC: $ PayPal: $
  • Income: ATO: $0 , $0 renewals, $ in donations, $ in interest.
  • Expenses:
  • Financial actions from previous meeting, signatories
ACTION Financial when Pru and Alex return
  • (2019-10-16) WMF Grants Admin $102.11 AUD to return from 2018-19 Simple APG

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Return_unused_funds_to_WMF

ACTION
Steve, Pru work out how to wire funds back $102.11 AUD
MOTION: That Matt be approved to cover catering costs for attendees and gifts for presenters at Sydney Meetup to the value of $400
Moved: Pru
Seconded: Alex

Membership report

Joining: = 3

Communications report

  • Newsletter
January due date:
  • Survey, WLM, MOU NGA,
  • Social media
Facebook Steve to do weekly
Twitter Steve to do weekly
Post an Australian article regularly
Promoting WMAU Grants
  • Reserve Travel scholarship funds - to promote in March 2020
  • Link this to survey results

Technical report

Sam upgraded both Wikis to latest version of MediaWiki - installed Echo (notifications) and Thanks. Members please test

Feedback on events process: for further specific discussion
ACTION Steve Contact OTRS - for further discussion. Is not used.
ACTION Steve and Sam to discuss further

Activities

Local activities

  • ACT
  • QLD: #1Lib1Ref in January at SLQ (Jacinta);
Project with the digital experience program - Public libraries in QLD using open data from https://data.qld.gov.au/organization/state-library-queensland
Libraries in Australia query: https://w.wiki/DXZ
Libraries in Wikidata: https://w.wiki/4ah
Dashboard: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Australia/Libraries_in_Australia
  • NSW -

Mon 2 Dec Meetup on biodiversity with Mike Dickinson

ACTION
Matt - Ask Margaret for a report for the newsletter

Mon 16 Dec SLNSW: Matt reporting 20 people to attend, presenting Toby, Geoff Barker, Liam, Graham from AustLii. Promote dates, distribute postcards, encourage people to join, check out the website.

ACTION
Matt will check with Toby about whether to set up a dashboard, and send a follow up email to participants.
  • NT
  • SA
  • TAS - Dr Alysia Bennett will do the Art+Feminism Know My Name in Hobart
  • VIC - Tue 17 Dec Meetup
  • WA: Fortnightly meetups at Riff in the CBD continue. REDACTED. Next meetup is a photowalk at Cottesloe. Events are being added to Space and the WMAU wiki, and sometimes Twitter @wikiclubwest.

National activities

Notes from Community Meeting

ACTION: Pru to make a report from the recording and post on the wiki.

Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_from_Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2019_in_Australia

ACTION
Pru to contact 10 winners with offer of prizes - DONE Only 4 responses thus far
Uploads: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Uploaded_via_Campaign:wsc-au
ACTION
Continue to promote
  • Wikipedia Day, 15 January 2020 Community Meeting
Wikipedia #19
Agenda planning & promotion
1Lib1Ref - Jacinta
Kerry - Pru to check
Invite: Eventbrite invite: Pru to action
  • WikiCite ANZ, Friday 14 February 2020
Waiting confirmation of venue RMIT - dictate the program
  • Art+Feminism & Know My Name, 7-8 March 2020
Big thanks to Caddie for organisation.

Global activities

  • Wikimedia Summit
No details about the train the trainer sessions.
  • Wikimania 2020
Process for determining scholarship applications for Wikimania 2020 with process defined by the end of November, with a call for expressions of interest soon after.

Other business

  • REDACTED


Meeting closed

Closed: 8.07pm,

  • Next Committee meeting: by email:
  • Next Community meeting: Wed 15 January

AGENDA ITEMS