- 1 Introduction
- 2 Business arising and actions
- 3 Agenda
- 4 Meeting closed
- 5 AGENDA ITEMS
- Date: Monday 9 December 2019
- Time / time zone: 4pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6pm QLD / 7pm AEDT
- Meeting channel: https://wikimedia.blindsidenetworks.net
- Attendees: Alex, Matt, Sam, Pru.
- Apologies: Robert (Fire duties); Steve, Jacinta https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Australia/Libraries_in_Australia
Minutes of previous meeting: Meeting:Committee (2019-11-11).
Alex moved that the minutes of the 11 November 2019 meeting be accepted. Seconded by Matt. Passed unanimously.
Business arising and actions
- ACTIONS - dealt with under appropriate reports below
- Survey Drafts - review members’ responses
- Pru to follow up with banner ad - to be continued
- Partnerships - legally drafted template for organisational partnerships. Define levels of partnership. Active and Past partnerships. Partnerships page
- Add start & finish dates and review dates - For next meeting
- Robert, Pru & Steven discuss Password management, recommend 1password but how many accounts do we need, which means who should have access to it?
Cost is an issue. It seems quite expensive for sharing passwords between users. $4/month per user. What is our risk profile? What other solutions are there? -Twitter -Mailman (can be overridden by WMF admin)
- Further investigate and identify accounts that require a common password
- Alex to back up Secretary unanswered correspondence, Pru to back up Treasurer and membership
Profit & Loss Statement since last meeting: Net change:
- Current Account balances as of 8 December 2019: Westpac: $ CC: $ PayPal: $
- Income: ATO: $0 , $0 renewals, $ in donations, $ in interest.
- Financial actions from previous meeting, signatories
- ACTION Financial when Pru and Alex return
- (2019-10-16) WMF Grants Admin $102.11 AUD to return from 2018-19 Simple APG
- Steve, Pru work out how to wire funds back $102.11 AUD
- MOTION: That Matt be approved to cover catering costs for attendees and gifts for presenters at Sydney Meetup to the value of $400
- Moved: Pru
- Seconded: Alex
Joining: = 3
- January due date:
- Survey, WLM, MOU NGA,
- Social media
- Facebook Steve to do weekly
- Twitter Steve to do weekly
- Post an Australian article regularly
- Promoting WMAU Grants
- Reserve Travel scholarship funds - to promote in March 2020
- Link this to survey results
Sam upgraded both Wikis to latest version of MediaWiki - installed Echo (notifications) and Thanks. Members please test
- Feedback on events process: for further specific discussion
- ACTION Steve Contact OTRS - for further discussion. Is not used.
- ACTION Steve and Sam to discuss further
- QLD: #1Lib1Ref in January at SLQ (Jacinta);
- Project with the digital experience program - Public libraries in QLD using open data from https://data.qld.gov.au/organization/state-library-queensland
- Libraries in Australia query: https://w.wiki/DXZ
- Libraries in Wikidata: https://w.wiki/4ah
- Dashboard: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Australia/Libraries_in_Australia
- NSW -
Mon 2 Dec Meetup on biodiversity with Mike Dickinson
- Matt - Ask Margaret for a report for the newsletter
Mon 16 Dec SLNSW: Matt reporting 20 people to attend, presenting Toby, Geoff Barker, Liam, Graham from AustLii. Promote dates, distribute postcards, encourage people to join, check out the website.
- Matt will check with Toby about whether to set up a dashboard, and send a follow up email to participants.
- TAS - Dr Alysia Bennett will do the Art+Feminism Know My Name in Hobart
- VIC - Tue 17 Dec Meetup
- WA: Fortnightly meetups at Riff in the CBD continue. REDACTED. Next meetup is a photowalk at Cottesloe. Events are being added to Space and the WMAU wiki, and sometimes Twitter @wikiclubwest.
Notes from Community Meeting
- ACTION: Pru to make a report from the recording and post on the wiki.
Wiki Loves Monuments 2019 https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Images_from_Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2019_in_Australia
- Pru to contact 10 winners with offer of prizes - DONE Only 4 responses thus far
- Wiki Loves Science - underway https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Science_Competition_2019_in_Australia
- Uploads: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Uploaded_via_Campaign:wsc-au
- Continue to promote
- Wikipedia Day, 15 January 2020 Community Meeting
- Wikipedia #19
- Agenda planning & promotion
- 1Lib1Ref - Jacinta
- Kerry - Pru to check
- Invite: Eventbrite invite: Pru to action
- WikiCite ANZ, Friday 14 February 2020
- Waiting confirmation of venue RMIT - dictate the program
- Art+Feminism & Know My Name, 7-8 March 2020
- Big thanks to Caddie for organisation.
- Wikimedia Summit
- No details about the train the trainer sessions.
- Wikimania 2020
- Process for determining scholarship applications for Wikimania 2020 with process defined by the end of November, with a call for expressions of interest soon after.
- Next Committee meeting: by email:
- Next Community meeting: Wed 15 January