Meeting:Committee (2019-05-13)

From Wikimedia Australia
Revision as of 13:54, 12 September 2019 by Bidgee (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Committee meeting

13 May 2019

This meeting has two pages: one restricted-access page (only for members of the current Committee) and one public-access page (which may have sensitive information redacted).

WMAU 2017 vertical logo (colour).svg   Wikimedia Australia Inc.
MINUTES

Open

  • Date: Monday 13 May 2019
  • Time / time zone: 4pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6pm AEST
  • Meeting channel: Skype
  • Attendees: Pru, Tom, Sam, Gideon (Robert arrived 40 minutes after start)
  • Apologies: Robert

Minutes of previous meetings

Links to minutes of previous meetings:

Meeting:Committee (2019-02-18)
Meeting:Committee (2019-03-03)
Meeting:Committee (2019-04-03)
Meeting:Committee (2019-04-16)

Moved: Gideon
Second: Tom

Business arising and actions

Community Conference planning, Sat 15 June 2019 Sydney

Community event following WOW conference (Wed 12 - Fri 14 June 2019)

Please refer to:

  • Friday 14 June
  • judging WLE - to announce at Community Day
  • choose shortlist to display on screens/postcards etc for WOW?
  • 9.00am Welcomes
  • 9.10am Strategy Introduction:
  • 10.00am Keynote 1: Ingrid Cumming
  • 10.30am Morning tea
  • 11.00am Lightning talk 1: Caddie
  • 11:15am Lightning talk 2:
  • 11:30am Community lightning talk 1:
  • 11:45am Community lightning talk 2:
  • 1200pm WMF Strategy talk 3: Tom
  • 12.30pm Lunch
  • 1.15pm parallel sessions
  • Hands-on: Outreach tools: dashboard, phabricator, template calendars etc (main room) (Sam)
  • Strategy: Global (Tom)
  • 3.00pm Afternoon tea
  • 3.30pm Panel session of WMAU activities (was keynote 3)
  • WMAU plans for 2019-20 and big picture directions
  • Q&A
  • Round up
  • 5.00pm: Social event
Recommendation that we apply for this funding around the conference, following up if needed- Tom to draft application for funding.
  • Use email, phone, and individual - will be more work doing it individually
  • Online survey?
  • Budget:
  • Ingrid - airfare + accommodation (Gideon - arrival, departure
  • Tom - agent, Perth-Syd Fri night - Sun night airfares + accom $1500 each
  • to have figures and quote and agreed and minuted
  • Catering: Robert to organise quotes
  • Live/post streaming: at least for keynote, strategy - research this
  • VSP: Robert and Pru to check remaining budget and advertise, sliding scale based on cost of travel/distance travelled
  • VSP conference support criteria for selection: $150
  • WMAU members
  • constructive activity on wikipedia projects (never blocked )
  • willing to present a lightning talk
  • distance/cost to attend
  • how much information required from applicants contact@wikimedia.org.au
  • due date for applications: 24th May
  • selection panel: decision 27 May
  • Marketing: email to member list - Pru to send
  • On wiki: Australia projects - Gideon
  • Sunday 16 June - Committee meeting
  • Venue
  • Program / Agenda:
  • Times: 9am - 2pm

Survey of Australian editors

ACTION: Tom and Pru to draft survey, - Tom and Pru to discuss further DRAFTS at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fFtNrY0PJz0JGdLt5lgonjQ5XnhTBO06N70ejfrrBhc long survey https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1atl-iMq0KU35VgKUBdSi7mwrpYyiAmaYBbhBQtnQV0I Then refer to wmf for double check: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CentralNotice/Request


2018-19 Simple APG Budget status

Finalisation required - Robert & Pru to do this

Organisation / Partner program

ACTION: Gideon to follow up legally drafted template for organisational partnerships On going - gd

Bank signatory

Publish minutes for 2019 meetings including Motion - Secretary Steve Crossin added as a signatory to the Wikimedia Australia Bank - Treasurer & Pru to check with Steve

AGENDA

REPORTS

President's report

Candidates: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2019/Questions

  • concern with the process of endorsements, and lack of guidance given
  • Caddie’s resignation and co-opting interim committee members
  • SA History Trust Commons load
  • GovHack WA, 6 - 8 Sep 2019
  • Strategic plan and Annual plan 2019-20

Secretary's report

  • Volunteer Support Programme reports from applicants
  • Strategy Liaison

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/People/Strategy_Liaisons_Organized_Groups

Strategy link with regional issues - possible ESEAP linkage - in process as to how

Correspondence report

  • Request for support for an annual Wikimedia Affiliate Chair - affirmed by committee email

Treasurer's report

Current Account balances: Westpac: , CC $ PayPal: $ Income:

Expenses:

Transfer:

APG tracking:

Moved:
Seconded:

ACTION: Domain name update. ACTION: Sam investigate how to get this account
Credit card: ACTION: Robert to go into Westpac to sort this.

Membership report

  • Renewals received =

Communications report

Technical report

  • T199606 Create system to track event data
  • issue with sorting the More page - fixed.

ACTIVITIES

Local activities

  • ACT
Follow up ANU training - email from Imogen. Community Friday on 24 May
  • QLD
QWiki Club events
  • NSW
City of Sydney Libraries training, June
  • SA
History Trust SA, Edit-a-thon, Sat 18 May
  • VIC
National Trust public art wiki training, Tues 7 May
University of Melbourne: Teaching with Wikipedia, Fri 10 May
  • WA
WikiClubWest - on going planning
WCW Plans
Cannington
AMGA membership to https://www.amaga.org.au/ $143
Move:Tom
Second:Gideon

National activities

  • Wiki Loves Earth
judging

Global activities

  • Wikimania scholarships - no known given to eseap (2x from thailand?) Mike going
  • ESEAP strategy meeting - on hold very last minute
  • Wikimania 2020

OTHER BUSINESS

Close

  • Meeting closed: 17.48 pm WA
  • Next meeting: Monday 27 May 2019 4pm WA / 5.30pm NT / 6.00pm ACT/NSW/VIC